This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with accessibility issues but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our visitors.
The Gerrard family own and run the business and take pride in the upkeep of the site as well as maintaining its originality and common areas. This access statement covers the tourist attraction as well as and the touring and holiday park on Blakemere Village.
The family also take their responsibilities for providing universal access provision very seriously and adhere to the Equality Act accordingly. They work hard to provide the highest level of access to the whole site but in some instances, due to the historic nature of the Edwardian Courtyard in particular, this is not always possible.
- For a map of how to reach us please see the Find Us at the bottom of our website.
- The nearest train station is Cuddington, which is approximately 1.5 miles away. The nearest bus stop is on the A556 is approximately 500 metres away from the site entrance at the traffic lights. There are no buses that directly enter the site.
- The visitor attraction is built on a slight incline up to the main area and courtyard and mainly laid with asphalt on the pathways and roads. All car parks are either laid with tarmac or hard standing plainings. All paths around the site are hard surfaced with areas to allow wheelchair mobility. There are cobble sets located in the courtyard itself along with traditional flat herringbone tiles. These cobbles are closely packed forming a relatively flat surface but uneven in places as they date back to the late 1800’s.
Free car parking
- The visitor attraction main car park is located immediately as you enter Blakemere Village and there are clear signs directing you to the disabled parking that can be located at the top car park. There are 10 disabled spaces within the whole site. Please take care crossing the road from these designated spaces.
- Both our large car parks are floodlit to allow customers to safely enter and exit their cars although some small areas of the car parks can slightly darker away from the floodlights.
- There are free car parking spaces alongside each touring and holiday pitch and additional free parking is also available.
Shops and facilities at Blakemere Village Tourist Attraction
- All shops have wheelchair access on entry and within the buildings.
- The restaurant has slightly raised cobbled area at the entrance into the building, wheelchair users may require assistance to enter. There is plenty of room around the tables to allow wheelchair access. The restaurant also has an outside seating area with space to allow wheelchair users to manoeuvre freely.
- There are three designated disabled toilets on site and can be found:
- At the toilet block off the main car park
- At the toilet block near to disabled car parking
- Within the restaurant toilet area
All toilets have twist locks, lateral transfer space and fitted grab rails (both fixed and drop-down varieties). A key is not required to lock any of these toilets. The sinks in all toilets are fitted with lever type taps, paper towel dispensers and mirrors. Toilet also have hand dryers. No dispensers are higher than 100cm from the floor. None of these disabled toilets are fitted with an emergency alarm.
- We have two wheelchairs from the Visitor Information Centre available for use for those who require it whilst visiting the main site.
- The restaurant welcomes assistance & guide dogs, and water is provided outside
Blakemere Holiday Park
Our site is wheelchair friendly around the shop/reception and around the large amenities block. There is a gravel road leading from the shop/reception to the amenities block. Disabled toilet facilities are available in the amenities block which requires an radar access key.
We have fold-away chairs in showers, wall baskets for toiletries, ample hooks for clothes, and hair dryers to borrow from Reception. Our disabled facility is fully accessible with a raised height WC, lever taps and supporting grab rails, shower seat, emergency cord, and universal radar key entry. Our separate family bathroom has mixer taps to control water temperature, an enclosed shower screen containing children safely, mobile baby bath, baby changing facilities and a toilet training seat.
When an event is organised at Blakemere Village, we will try our upmost to make sure that plenty of easy access is provided and that the designated area of the event is free from obstacles with adequate room to manoeuvre whether it is in a marquee, a field event or within the cobbled courtyard. Please note that field events can make the ground less stable and flat and therefore care should be taken when entering. If the ground becomes too unstable or difficult to pass through, then every attempt will be made to provide a floor covering to help with the conditions.
- Assistance & guide dogs are welcome, and water is provided around the site.
- Our information brochures can be made available in large print upon request.
- Selected staff and volunteers have received disability awareness training.
- We have hearing loops in the Visitor Information Centre and the Holiday Park reception.
If you would like to discuss your access requirements before you visit,